2009-09-16

Restaurant #02: Fujizushi, Shakotan

Chirashi Zushi

Sushi is one of popular Japanese food, and nowadays many people eat it. Yet, I am wondering, how many people really enjoy sushi? I mean, row fish? California Roll, Hawaiian Roll and such are not Japanese sushi, although I love those. Fresh row fish and sushi chef's skills make great sushi. I am a type of person who can be happy if the food is delicious, but some people are professional gourmet, and they follows the rule to eat sushi (ex. don't dip the sushi too much to soy sauce, or put wasabi on the side of sauce plate and mix with soy sauce just a bit.) If some gourmets see me eating sushi randomly, they might preach me the rules.

My family and I drove to Shakotan to see the beautiful ocean view on that day. Our goal was to eat delicious "uni" (urchin). Shakotan's uni is always fresh and tasty, and of course the price is much reasonable. Unfortunately, this day was raining and we were kind of worry that we might not be able to eat uni. They can't catch enough uni if it's a rainy day... Our prediction was right. The first restaurant didn't have uni, after almost 2 hours of driving! Sad... So we chanted the direction and decided to go to this sushi place, called Fujizushi.

"Chirashi Zushi" is my choice. I am not a huge fun of uni, but I love to eat some. This chirashi was fresh enough, and uni was sweet and tender. You can see the freshness from its color. There is also a fresh yellow tail. Salmon is tasty, but it is different than the one I ate in California. The only disappointment was the quality of rice. Rice did not cook well on that day. Come on, rice is the second important thing for sushi....

Fresh Nigiri Zushi

This is "Shun no Nigiri" (Fresh Nigiri Sushi). You can enjoy two kinds of urchin, fresh Ama-Ebi (sweet row shrimp), scallop, eggs, and so on. This is gorgeous! I tried a little bit, and "neta" (fish of sushi) is so fresh!


Uni + Ikura don

This is the main dish for our family. Although many restaurants didn't have uni on that day, this popular Fujizushi had enough! We ordered "Uni + Ikura don". Look at fresh and shiny salmon roe (called ikura)! And of course, urchin is so sweet!!!

Yes, sushi is pretty expensive, but I think it is okay to enjoy it once or twice a year. I would like to try there again, as long as someone drives two hours for me...

Fujizushi
Hokkaido Shakotan-gun Shakotan-cho Ooji Bikuni
積丹郡積丹町大字美国字船潤120-6
0135-44-2016
http://www.fujizushi.co.jp/

No comments:

Post a Comment