2009-11-30

Restaurant #23: Maharaja, Yokohama


Cubic Plaza became a symbolic mall at Shin-Yokohama area. They provide foods, clothes, bookstore and some nice restaurants. I didn’t have enough time to take a look each floor, but I went to the 10th floor to eat lunch with my friend.

I used to have an Indian friend in California, and she cooked me some Indian food before. I really liked it, especially a curry. This Indian restaurant, Maharaja, offers lunch menus with a large quantity of curry. The décor was simple, but neat and clean. I liked it. There were two Indian waiters serving. It seems that their menu is a mixture of North India and South India’s local menus.

My friend and I ordered Today’s Lunch, 900 yen, and Malai Kabab (2 pieces), 600 yen. Lunch set came with a salad, today’s special curry, and choice of nan or rice. Wow that was huge quantity for me… It made me full easily.

Today's Lunch

Today’s special curry was a chicken curry. I tried to memorize the name, but they said it was not on the menu… I forgot the full name… But it was extremely spicy and tasty! I tried with rice, and my friend tried with nan. This curry was matched well with rice, but the rice was too much. I wish I could’ve brought some to the hotel. Japanese restaurant doesn’t offer the boxes, so we need to eat everything.

Malai Kabab was also a great item as a second dish. However, we were full with the curry, and had a tough time to finish up everything. I am not sure how they cook Malai Kabab, but I could taste Indian spices and some creamy taste; it could be some whip cream or yogurt. It had a strong flavor because of the spices, but it was my taste than tandoori chicken.

I tried Indian food several times, and now I am getting into it. Next time I go back to Japan, I definitely want to try out some restaurants. Oh well, I will find some here in Taipei… If you have some Indian friends, you should ask them some popular recipe.

Total: 2400 yen (for 2 people, without drinks)

Maharaja, Yokohama
9F, Cubic Plaza Shin-Yokohama
2-100-45, Sinyokohama, Kouhoku-ku
Yokohama
045-350-6324
11:00-23:00 (L.O. 22:00)
http://www.maharaja-group.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment